Event for expert public only
Grundlagen der Konfliktberatung
Workshop for employees of the doctoral student advisory service
The workshop is aimed at employees who are confronted with inquiries from doctoral candidates in their work. Participants can be, for example, coordinators of doctoral programs, doctoral officers, liaison officers, employees of the doctoral office, etc. at the partner universities of the Berlin University Alliance (Charité, FU, HU, TU).
November 08 & 15 & 21, 2022, 9:00-13:30 (online).
Goals and contents
The aim of the online counseling is to enable participants to act as initial counselors for doctoral candidates in a conflict situation.
- Basic advisor attitude in doctoral advising: what does advising mean?
- Delineation of roles in doctoral advising: what am I responsible for and what am I not responsible for?
- Dealing with emotionalized doctoral candidates in counseling
- Initial counseling in conflict: listening, sorting and referring
- Basics of communication
- Understanding conflicts
- When does what help in conflict management: differentiation of different measures
- Collective compilation of possible contact points for the doctoral candidates Optional: Understanding and applying collegial counseling
- Material for preparation and follow-up
- Impulse lectures by the trainer
- Active exercises in plenary and in small groups Self-reflection
- Exchange of experiences
The workshop takes place as an online event on a video conference platform.
A camera and microphone (internal or external) are required. For stability reasons, LAN connection is recommended.
You can register through our registration form.
PhD students of the Berlin University Alliance (Charité/FU/HU/TU) are eligible to participate.
Elective: Elective I; Personal Skills and Interdisciplinary Courses
Organizational and administrative matters
Dr. Neela Enke
Graduate Studies Support
08. & 15. & 21. November 2022, jeweils 9:00 - 13:30 (online)